Textbook of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery is a comprehensive and illustrated work from the land of Sushruta for students, teachers, and practicing surgeons. In this volume, Principles and Advances in Plastic Surgery, a very wide spectrum of topics, right from the history of plastic surgery to current and raging subjects like lasers; composite tissue allotransplantation; simulation; robotics; telemedicine and information technology in plastic surgery; clinical photography; human factors and skills in plastic surgery; doctor–patient relationship; and legal issues have been discussed.
The six volumes seek to incorporate in one work issues relevant to the developing world as well as insights from national and international plastic surgery practices, which highlight newer management techniques along with traditional methods. This makes these volumes a “must have” resource for students and practitioners of plastic surgery across the globe.
- Principles and Advances in Plastic Surgery covers a very wide spectrum of topics, right from the history of plastic surgery to current and raging subjects like lasers; composite tissue allotransplantation; simulation; robotics; telemedicine and information technology in plastic surgery; clinical hotography; human factors and skills in plastic surgery; doctor–patient relationship; and legal issues have been discussed. The authors have tried to explore the basic science behind wound healing, scar biology, and scar management. Repair and healing of individual tissues— skin, fat, and fascia muscles and tendons; peripheral nerves and bones—have been assigned separate chapters and explained in great details.
- Hand and Upper Extremity, offers a detailed explanation of various reconstruction procedures of the hand and upper extremity. It is divided into two sections. The first section describes the basics of hand surgery, imaging, congenital hand differences, degenerative conditions, and tumors of the hand. Interesting topics, such as arthroscopy and Dupuytren’s contracture find a special mention in this section and are discussed in detail. The management of the trauma of hand and the upper extremity has been discussed in the second section. Thus, the chapters cover myriads of topics ranging from common fingertip injuries to complex microsurgical reconstructions and their rehabilitation, making the volume a must read for every plastic surgeon managing patients with hand and upper extremity problems, as well as for students and faculty members.
- Head and Neck Reconstruction volume covers a wide spectrum of topics. It covers surgery techniques for reconstructions of clefts, treatment of craniofacial anomalies, onco-reconstruction, occuloplasty, and reconstruction of ear and nose. The team of authors has been carefully selected and they are highly experienced in their respective fields. The book is divided into three sections. The cleft section covers the entire gamut of clefts in detail, including operative steps and clinical photographs. The second and the third sections cover the recent advances in craniofacial anomalies and reconstruction techniques of head and neck section, respectively. Each topic of the book is a must read for any plastic surgeon.
- Reconstruction of the Trunk, Genitalia, Lower Limb, and Maxillofacial Trauma is broadly divided into three sections—trunk and genitalia; lower limb; and maxillofacial trauma. The first section covers the surgical techniques related to the reconstruction of breast, chest abdomen, back, breast anomalies, male and female genitalia, and management of genital deformities, gender dysphoria, and pressure ulcers. The second section covers topics like congenital anomalies, soft tissue and skeletal injury, vascular anomalies, tumors, and rehabilitation of lower limb. The third section covers all the facets of maxillofacial trauma including approach to cases of maxillofacial soft tissue and skeletal injury. The carefully selected team of authors for this volume are highly experienced in their respective fields. Each topic in this volume is a must read for trainees and practicing plastic surgeons across the globe.
- Burns covers the topic of ‘burns’ in a very extensive manner. Treatment of burns form a predominant part of plastic and reconstructive surgery practices across the world, especially in low- and middle-income countries. This is an exclusive volume on burns that is often a man-made disaster, avoidable to a large extent, and can be managed effectively with newer management techniques. The authors chosen for this volume are highly experienced and masters in their respective fields. The clinical images provided in the book gives an insight of their clinical expertise. In addition, attempts have been made to incorporate the recent literature in every chapter. Each chapter of the volume is a must read for general, plastic, and pediatric surgeons, as well as critical care specialists managing burns.
- Aesthetic Surgery is the first such book in India that covers a very wide spectrum of topics in this field. The chapters of this book have been broadly divided into five sections. The first section covers the basic, ethical, and legal aspects of aesthetic surgery. The second section deals with face and covers topics related to ageing, surgical and nonsurgical rejuvenation techniques. There is an independent section on hair restoration and hair transplantation techniques. The fourth section covers techniques like body contouring, liposuction, and genital aesthetic surgery. The last section covers topics related to the aesthetic surgeries of the breast. Each section has been edited by a leading and experienced aesthetic surgeon from India.
About the Editor-in-chief
Karoon Agrawal, MS, MCh, is currently a Senior Consultant of Cleft, Hypospadias, and Plastic Surgery at National Heart Institute, New Delhi, India. He is also currently the Chairman of Institute Ethical Committee at Institute of Pathology (ICMR), New Delhi, India. He is the founder Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Cleft Lip Palate and Craniofacial Anomalies and has more than 150 publications in national and international journals and chapters in books of repute.