Biochemistry Review with Clinical Correlations is written in a way that will enable students to revise the topics covered in lectures with the help of suitable interpretation of clinical correlations. It explains important topics of biochemistry and the application of biochemical principles to the art of healing and relieving human suffering. The text has been mapped as per the latest competency based curriculum suggested by the Medical Council of India.
This book helps students understand and appreciate the functions, constituent reactions, and regulatory aspects of the core pathways that constitute human metabolism and are responsible for maintaining homeostasis in humans, and also illustrates their pathophysiological significance. It explains how the body adapts to physiological stress, how defects in metabolism arise, and how clinical chemistry data are useful to diagnose and monitor efficacy of treatment.
• Crisp and to-the-point presentation of information to help students in revision before examinations
• Lucid description of topics which is easy to understand and reproduce in examinations
• Explanation of a wide variety of biochemical and clinical correlations
• Theoretical discussions that are well supplemented with bullet points, illustrations, flowcharts, and tables
• Accompanied by a highly explanatory Supplementary Flowcharts Booklet for quick understanding and ready reference
Simmi Kharb, MD, is Professor in Department of Biochemistry of Pt. B.D. Sharma PGIMS, Rohtak, Haryana, India since 2008. Dr Kharb has published more than 180 papers in indexed journals, four books in Biochemistry, and two monographs in Biotechnology. She has also contributed many chapters in several edited volumes. Dr Kharb has presented 58 papers in conferences, guided more than 20 theses, and chaired scientific sessions in various conferences. She has been a guest editor in many international journals and has also published many reviews in international journals. She is also a resource person for Bioethics training for medical teachers at UNESCO Bioethics HAIFA and at Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana, India.