Professor Huizings brilliant text with Dr. John de Groots magnificent surgical drawings on functional reconstructive nasal surgery is now available in a new and updated second edition. Maintaining its focus on modern surgical concepts and techniques, the book now also includes state-of-the-art contributions from a team of leading international specialists. From surgical anatomy and physiology to diagnosis of nasal syndromes to step-by-step surgical techniques, Functional Reconstructive Nasal Surgery, Second Edition, is unrivalled for its clear, lucid coverage and instructive illustrations of all topics.Special Features:
- A magnificent art program of more than 1,000 detailed surgical drawings and photographs that elucidate every concept
- A logical continuum from essential anatomic concepts to specific incisions and surgical approaches to the septum, pyramid, lobule, turbinates, and nasal cavity
- Special sections on pediatric nasal surgery, transplants, acute nasal trauma, mentoplasty, implants, patient complaints, and medicolegal issues
- Extensive appendices of materials, instruments, nomenclature, and historical developments
- Every chapter revised and updated, with expanded sections on complications, new techniques for saddle nose correction, and much more
With the goal of improving surgical skill as well as understanding structural basics, the book clearly explains why restoring nasal function and form take priority over purely aesthetic considerations for successful surgical outcomes. This is an essential text and clinical problem solver for otorhinolaryngologists, maxillofacial surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, and residents who perform complex reconstructive rhinologic procedures.