GET THIS COMBO 40% DISCOUNT USECODE : SAVE 40
1.Textbook of Radiology for Cochlear Implants
Cochlear implantation, a hybrid intervention from medical engineering, comprises one of the most advanced, life-changing surgeries of ENT. The candidacy for cochlear implantation and the road map to this surgery is hugely dependent on radiology. The Textbook of Radiology for Cochlear Implants deals with various aspects of radiology in this field. With hundreds of photographs of radiology of temporal bone, the book ta es the reader through a journey to understand the temporal bone and its pathologies radiologically, with beautifully colored scans for better understanding. Various sections of CT and MRI have been color-marked by the authors to make them more vivid. This book will aid in laying a strong foundation for surgeons interested in pursuing their career in otology, specially cochlear implants.
• Color-coded sections of CT and MRI
• All aspects of preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative radiology covered
• Detailed explanation with pictographic representations of various inner ear anomalies
• Step-by-step methodical reading of CT and MRI of temporal bone important for cochlear implant surgery
Mohnish Grover, MS (ENT), FACS, PGDHHM, is Professor, Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Additional Superintendent, SMS Medical College and Hospital, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India, where he is also the Nodal Officer of Cochlear Implant Program. He completed postgraduation from AIIMS, New Delhi, and Senior Residency from PGIMER, Chandigarh. He has been a pioneer in the field of cochlear implants and has helped many centers (in India and abroad) start their own cochlear implant program. With multiple publications to his name, one of his most notable contribution is bringing out a newer, more practical, Sawai Man Singh (SMS) classification for cochlear malformations. He has received various awards in the field of deafness and cochlear implant.
2.An Approach to Successful Stapedectomy
It is a comprehensive book covering most of the real-world topics related to stapedectomy. The innovation from pick and perforator to microdrill and then to CO2 laser is a big landmark in the development of instruments for stapedectomy. The book covers various aspects of innovation in surgical techniques and the instruments used.
Various topics like stapedectomy versus stapedotomy, reconstruction of stapedius muscle, methods to handle loose piston over incus, surgery in short incus, problems during stapedectomy, revision surgery, laser stapedotomy, and stapedotomy in patients with abnormal facial nerve are discussed in depth in this book. This book will aid in laying a strong foundation for budding otologists and will help them evolve into better stapes surgeons.
- Various difficult situations encountered during surgery have been documented in the book.
- A series of photographs from author’s own collection are included to demonstrate each step of surgery for easy understanding of the subject.
- The use of laser in stapedectomy has been discussed in detail. Use of laser is a great landmark in the history of stapedectomy. It imparts excellent hearing results. Patients experience less vertigo, hence shorter hospital stay.
B. M. Gupta, MS (ENT), DLO, is a Senior Otologist at Gupta ENT Hospital, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India. He has a vast experience of 35 years in stapes surgery including laser stapedotomy. He is the owner of the state-of–the-art operation theatre with lumenis CO2 laser machine by which he has handled various difficult situations in primary as well as revision stapedectomy. He has been invited as guest speaker for various local, regional, and national conferences and has also conducted various continuing medical courses.