"This book is an essential read for every orthopedician aspiring to be a foot and ankle specialist and should be made available in the emergency operation rooms for all budding surgeons to refer in the time of need. To summarize, this practical, hands-on manual on the management of foot and ankle trauma is a “must have” for the orthopedic surgeons of any level."
- Journal of Foot and Ankle Surgery (Asia Pacific)
A practical, hands-on manual for surgeons of all levels on the management of foot and ankle trauma.
The approaches are presented in a systematic, casebased format, ranging from simple to more complex cases. It provides step-by-step coverage of a wide range of basic to advanced techniques and procedures for the management of fractures, dislocations and soft tissue injuries of the foot and ankle. While a single case can be approached in a variety of ways, this book seeks to provide important guidelines which apply to most situations that may arise in foot and ankle injuries. It will be of value to anyone providing care for foot and ankle injuries.
This book focuses on:
- General considerations in foot and ankle surgery
- Clinical and radiographic evaluation
- Decision-making and options for nonoperative treatment
- Preoperative planning
- Surgical approaches
- Avoiding pitfalls
- Managing risks and complications
- Alternative techniques
- Postoperative rehabilitation
Key features include:
- Contributions from 48 surgeons from 14 countries
- 59 detailed cases covering a comprehensive range of foot and ankle injuries
- More than 1,650 high-quality illustrations and images