Guidelines in Fracture Management–Distal Femur covers all aspects of fractures of the distal end of the femur and focusses on contemporary treatment protocols for them. The book provides detailed explanations of surgical techniques for inserting a distal femoral nail and for the application of a distal femoral locking compression plate (LCP). It also discusses in detail the complications seen with these type of fractures and how to manage them. The book is aimed at serving as a one-stop guide on distal femoral fractures for all orthopaedic surgeons.
- Detailed chapters on topics required to understand fractures of the distal femur: surgical anatomy, biomechanics, clinical presentation, and classification.
- Elaborate discussions on surgical techniques for distal femoral nail insertion as well as application of distal femoral locking plates.
- A separate section devoted to fragility fractures, their management and prevention.
- A separate chapter dedicated to peri-prosthetic fractures following total knee replacements.
- Focused coverage of frequently encountered complications like malunion, nonunion and knee stiffness, including their management.
About the Authors:
Rajiv R. Choudhry, MS (Ortho), MCh (Ortho) is an alumnus of Baroda Medical College, M.S. University of Baroda, India and University of Liverpool, the United Kingdom. He has been a practicing orthopaedic surgeon for over 35 years. Dr Choudhry specializes in the management of intra-articular fractures, pelviacetabular trauma, complex trauma and hip and knee arthroplasties. Currently he is the Director of Orthopaedic Surgery at Asuthosh Super Specialty Hospital at Surat, Gujarat, India. He is also a faculty of several AO courses and has many publications to his credit.
Sunil M. Shahane, MS (Ortho), MCh (Ortho) is an alumnus of the Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital, Mumbai, University of Bombay, India and University of Liverpool, the United Kingdom. He is a distinguished Orthopaedic surgeon practicing for the past 35 years. Dr Shahane specializes in complex trauma and hip & knee arthroplasties. He is a Senior Consultant in Orthopaedics at the Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital in Mumbai. He also teaches postgraduate students of DNB (Ortho) at Dr. R.N. Cooper Hospital and H.B.T. Medical College, Mumbai. Dr Shahane has a number of publications in national and international journals to his credit and has been a faculty for many AO courses.