accurate knowledge of anatomy is essential for the safe and effective
performance of arthroscopic procedures on joints. With more than 450
high-quality arthroscopic images and photographs showing dissections,
this atlas is an important orientation tool that makes the complex
anatomy of joint structures accessible. The text covers all the major
joints and includes concise explanations of diagnostic and therapeutic
indications, patient positioning, external landmarks, arthroscopic
portals and related anatomy, and the structures at risk for damage.
This practical book also offers technical tips and valuable suggestions
for avoiding injury to neurovascular structures.
- More than 450 stunning, full-color photographs clearly depict the anatomical relationship between the different arthroscopic portals and joint structures
- Chapters devoted to all major joints in the body: shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, and ankle
- Vital information on how to avoid potential complications caused by the arthroscopic instrumentation during portal installation
- Hints and advice for implementing best practices in arthroscopic procedures
- Leading specialists in the field of arthroscopic surgery contribute their insights and expertise