|Author||:||Zaveri , Mulukutla|
The ASSI Monographs are a series of books commissioned by the Association of Spine Surgeons of India with the goal of providing updated information, decision-making algorithms, and surgical techniques on selected spinal problems. Reputed Indian surgeons and internationally renowned experts have shared their experience and the latest knowledge in the field through this series.
Lumbar Disc Herniation provides comprehensive and up-to-date information on management techniques of herniated discs in the lumbar region. It provides evidence-based recommendations for nonoperative treatment of disc prolapse and discusses different techniques of performing lumbar discectomy. The book also contains case studies to further improve understanding and aid decision-making regarding the best treatment methodology.
- Explanation of a range of surgery techniques, such as conventional open discectomy, microdiscectomy, microendoscopic discectomy, Destandau technique, total endoscopic discectomy, interlaminar discectomy, and transforaminal discectomy
- Specific description of dealing with special situations such as migrated discs, far lateral disc prolapse, and cauda equina syndrome
- Evidence-based recommendations for nonoperative management of lumbar disc herniation
- Analysis and prediction of outcomes following lumbar surgery
- Illustrative case studies through which readers can draw parallels and learn
- An update on current trends in disc regeneration technology