The ASSI Monographs are a series of books commissioned by the Association of Spine Surgeons of India with the goal of providing updated information, decision-making algorithms, and surgical techniques on selected spinal problems. Reputed Indian surgeons and internationally renowned experts have shared their experience and the latest knowledge in the field through this series.
Early Onset Scoliosis is designed to be an up-to-date reference resource for orthopaedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, spine fellows, and spine consultants dealing with patients suffering from this condition. Renowned Indian surgeons and international experts have shared their experiences and latest knowledge in the management methods of early onset scoliosis, providing readers with an outlook to the best treatment options for various situations.
• Latest management techniques enunciated by global experts
• A range of techniques explained, from traditional growth rods to magnetic growing rods,modified Luque trolley, Shilla technique, VEPTR, and growth inhibition with tethers andstaples
• Descriptions that guide the reader to formulate successful scientific and individualized treatment plans that cause least interference in the child’s growth and decrease complications
• Case Studies that improve understanding and stimulate the creation of new management techniques
• Chapters describing the effect of early onset scoliosis on development of the spine and on the immature lung