Benign Cerebral Glioma, Volume I is a valuable text which looks at the rapidly expanding, multidisciplinary body of knowledge about the development, molecular biology, molecular genetic and pathology of human cerebral gliomas. This generously illustrated text is written and edited by recognized experts in the field.
Volume I includes topics such as:
- The developmental biology of glial cells and its relation to the study of glioma biology
- The pathology of benign cerebral astrocytomas, oligodendrogliomas, benigh ependymomas and ganglion cell tumors
- Patterns of tumor growth and problems associated with histological typing of low-grad gliomas
- Growth factors and proliferation potential
- Malignant progression in gliomas
(Distributed by Thieme for the American Association of Neurological Surgeons)These two volumes comprise some 474 scholarly pages devoted to the enigma of the 'benign' intrinsic cerebral gliomas...a strong international team...robust discussions...thought-provoking...both the editor and the AANS are to be congratulated. --Royal College of Surgeons of England