|Author||:||Meyer-Lueckel , Paris , Ekstrand|
A comprehensive approach to modern caries management
This systematic approach to modern caries management combines new, evidence-based treatment techniques with the scientific underpinnings of caries formation, providing an in-depth review for both clinicians in daily practice and students advancing in the field.
Beginning with patho-anatomic changes in the dental hard tissues, Dental Caries: Science and Clinical Practice goes on to cover non-invasive, minimally invasive, and more aggressive interventions based on each stage of the disease. From microbiology and histology to visual, tactile and radiographic diagnosis, risk assessment, preventive measures, and tooth preservation and treatment strategies, the book is packed with valuable clinical information for all dental practitioners.
- Succinctly covers the science behind the disease, with recommendations for treatments based on assessment starting at the microscopic level
- Written by a team of leading worldwide authorities on caries treatment and managementand utilizing the International Caries Detection and Assessment System (ICDAS) standard throughout
- Covers the newest treatment techniques, including adhesion technology, fissure sealing and infiltration, caries removal, tooth-colored restorations, and more
- Demonstrates step-by-step caries procedures in striking, full-color illustrations of adult and pediatric cases
- Offers the newest thinking on early prevention and behavioral changes in oral health promotion, including the role of diet and nutrition, biofilm management, fluoride use, population-based approaches, and more
Shifting to the new paradigm of heal and seal rather than the more invasive drill and fill, this beautifully illustrated text puts scientific principles into clinical action for the best results. It is an essential resource for a complete, proactive approach to caries detection, assessment, treatment, management, and prevention in contemporary dental practice.