[This book is] a concise and informative guide to the theory and practice of MLD. The text is well presented, easy to follow, and has excellent visual detail with clear illustrations and full-colour photographs included throughout. I would recommend this manual as a valuable resource for the library of any lymphoedema clinic.-- Elaine Stowe, Northern Health and Social Care Trust, Northern Ireland
Written by the world's leading authorities on Dr. Emil Vodder's techniques for Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD), this lavishly illustrated guide provides step-by-step descriptions of how to massage the lymph vessels to stimulate smooth lymphatic flow.
Full-color photographs supplement concise text describing the basic anatomy and physiology of the circulatory and lymphatic systems, treatment techniques, and the various types of swelling caused by lymphedema. The authors discuss indications and contraindications, as well as the ways in which Dr. Vodder's method affects different regions of the body.
- The latest information on complete decongestive therapy (CDT), including coverage of compression therapy, taping, respiratory treatment, and other complementary methods
- More than 200 color photographs visualize the therapist's grips
- Each chapter includes numerous tips and plenty of space throughout for personal notes
- 50 review questions enable self-study
- An appendix contains an informative history of Dr. Vodder's life and his contributions to the field
Dr. Vodder's Manual Lymph Drainage: A Practical Guide is a comprehensive, one-step reference for students, therapists, and practitioners of lymphology, manual medicine, or physical therapy.MLD techniques are explained in detail, accompanied by many good quality photos of hand positions. This can only help support students .--MLD Journal March 211