The fifth edition of Duus' classic title Topical Diagnosis in Neurology continues to provide a clear, integrated presentation of anatomy, function, and disorders of the central nervous system and serves as a quick reference for practitioners and trainees alike. It elucidates the neuroanatomical pathways that lead to specific clinical syndromes and demonstrates how solid anatomical knowledge combined with a thorough neurological examination can help localize a lesion and arrive at a diagnosis.
Features of the Fifth Edition:
- A modern, integrated, and interdisciplinary approach to topical neurologic diagnosis, showing how knowledge of basic neuroanatomy and neurophysiology can be applied in the clinical setting
- An enlarged page design that showcases more than 400 detailed anatomic illustrations including CT and MRI images of the highest quality
- A logical, thematic structure, with useful summaries at the beginning of each chapter and color-coded section headings that enable readers to distinguish between neuroanatomical and clinical material at-a-glance
- A collection of updated case studies, state-of-the-art imaging examples, and a new introduction to the principle components of the nervous system
- A wide range of study aids and clinical correlations that support the emphasis on integrative medicine in the current medical school curriculum<
Topical Diagnosis in Neurology, Fifth Edition is an ideal reference for neurologists and neuroscientists who correlate neurologic diseases to anatomic location to complete a diagnosis or understand a clinical syndrome. It is also an essential tool for trainees and advanced students who need a solid grounding in key neurofunctional relationships.What has been wholly preserved [in this edition], thankfully, is this classic text's approach to teaching neuroanatomy through an integrated presentation of the anatomy, function, and clinical relevance of the regions and pathways of the central nervous system. Such an approach provides readers with a variety of ways to become more familiar with a subject that is often complex and known to inspire both admiration and dread. ...The book's dimensions do make it more inviting to open and leaf through, and its relatively small price is similarly inviting. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking greater familiarity with neuroanatomy and with the anatomical localization of neurological signs and symptoms.--Journal of Neurosurgery