Fully revised and updated, Burghardts landmark text on colposcopy and cervical pathology once again sets a new standard in the field. It offers specialists complete instruction in colposcopic procedures, as well as the histopathologic background needed to reach an accurate diagnosis. From equipment and techniques, to detection of normal and abnormal findings, to differential diagnosis and therapeutic guidelines, this book is unrivalled in the literature. It is indispensable for all physicians who perform colposcopy in everyday practice.
Special features of the fourth edition:
- More than 400 oversized, high-quality colposcopic photographs depicting a wide range of common and rare conditions with astounding visual clarity
- Updated information on the central role of the human papillomavirus in cervical cancer and HPV vaccines to prevent it
- New chapters on colposcopy of the vulva, vagina, and perianal region and the common etiology of lesions at these sites
- Current international guidelines and updated nomenclature based on the 14th World Congress of the International Federation for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (IFCPC) and the 2014 WHO Classification of Tumors of Female Reproductive Organs
- The combined expertise of authors trained in both clinical gynecology and histopathology in one unique, didactic atlas
Focusing throughout on the integrated presentation of colposcopic findings with their underlying pathology, this book offers a full understanding of morphologic appearance and clinical diagnosis. It is essential for gynecologists and obstetricians, gynecologic oncologists, pathologists, residents, fellows, trainees, and other physicians working toward the prevention, early detection, and the best possible treatment outcomes in cervical carcinoma.