Here is the first textbook to present a practical overview of the basic principles and clinical applications for 3 tesla (3 T) MR imaging. Organized into sections according to anatomical location, each case study is presented in a concise, two-page unit that enables the reader to digest and review the material in small sections. The author describes the situations that dictate the use of 3 T and explains the numerous clinical advantages of this field strength by drawing comparisons to corresponding studies at 1.5 T.
- Case studies from leading international experts covering the breadth of clinical MR
- Recommendations for how to optimize image quality and how to interpret the clinical findings
- Easy-to-follow descriptions of the strengths and limitations of 3 T
- 400 high-quality clinical images and illustrations depicting key concepts
- Discussion of the various pulse sequence approaches
Clinical 3T Magnetic Resonance is essential reading for all radiologists, radiology residents, MR physicists, and MR technologists seeking to master this emerging diagnostic tool.As well as being a how-to manual for 3T MR, this well-written book also provides specific tools for overcoming common challenges with 3T. ..Stand-alone chapters are short, concise, and packed with relevant information, making it easy to look up exactly what you need. As 3T MR imaging moves forward, we need well-explained guidance to begin to use this new technology in our own departments. <i>Clinicial 3T Magnetic Resonance</i> is that resource and will be a welcome addition to any MR imaging department library.--Radiologic TechnologyEasy to read...excellent examples of 3T MRI images...An excellent reference...covering...[the] advantages [of MRI] as well as providing recommendations on how to overcome its problems and shortcomings.--Doody's Book Reviews