Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy and OPLL: WFNS Spine Committee Book provides an up-to-date information about contemporary care of cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM) and ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL). It discusses all aspects of the problem from historical knowledge to biomechanics, balance measurements, diagnostic imaging, electrophysiology, surgical techniques, minimally invasive approaches, and outcome analysis. It also covers the current recommendations of the WFNS Spine Committee, which were prepared at recent consensus meetings.
The chapters are written by experts well-known in the field and covers many of the current practices and standards useful for spine surgeons and spine-related disciplines. This book will be a valuable guide for all neurosurgeons, orthopaedic surgeons, neurologists, physical therapists, residents, and fellows.
- Covers important topics such as, pathophysiology, biomechanics, incidence, and natural course of CSM and OPLL
- Clinical tests and differential diagnosis, and electrophysiological tests used for CSM
- Description of conventional and contemporary imaging techniques and classifications
- Decision-making for conservative or surgical treatment and how to choose conservative or surgical techniques
- Description of not widely known surgical techniques, such as oblique corpectomy, anterior controllable antedisplacement and fusion (ACAF) surgery for multisegmented OPLL, and anterior and posterior minimally invasive decompression techniques
- Cervical sagittal balance and cervical deformity correction
- Coloured illustrations, and clinical and radiological images that facilitate understanding
Mehmet Zileli, MD, is Professor of Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey. He served as the Founding President of the Spine Section of Turkish Neurosurgical Society (1995– 1999), President of the Turkish Neurosurgical Society (2006–2008), President of the World Spinal Column Society (2010–2014), Founding President of the Middle East Spine Society (2011–2015), and President of the Asia Pacific Cervical Spine Society (2014–2015). Currently, he is the Co-chairman of the WFNS Spine Committee since 2017. He has over 200 publications to his credit and has edited 10 books. He has contributed to spine training with cadaver courses and multiple meetings.
Jutty Parthiban, MD, FNS, is the Head of Department of Neurosurgery and Course Director for National Board of Examination at Kovai Medical Center and Hospital, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. He served as the President of Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association of India (2012) and as Founding President of Tamil Nadu Association of Neurological Surgeons (2016–2017). He is an Executive Member of the Neurological Society of India, WFNS Spine Committee, and Asia Pacific Cervical Spine Society since 2017. Apart from publishing more than 70 scientific articles, he has contributed 10 chapters in textbooks on spine surgery. He is the designer of double hook retractor in lumbar disk surgery and advanced cervical cages. He has contributed to spine training with cadaver courses and hands-on workshops.